PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 1, 2016
KIMERA INDUSTRIES LAUNCHES KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN FOR CERBERUS: THE 18L, microATX, US-MADE ENCLOSURE
BOSTON, MA — Kimera Industries (KI) today announced the highly-anticipated crowdfunding campaign for Cerberus, through which the company will finance production of the SFF computer enclosure through individual pledges made by backers.
“We’re thrilled to launch our Kickstarter campaign for production of Cerberus, and begin the journey of getting our work into the hands of the PC community” said James Schell, co-founder and technical lead for Kimera Industries. “The response to Cerberus has been overwhelmingly positive, and we’re simply honored to have the opportunity to produce a high-end enclosure for the enthusiasts out there who are as discerning as we are.”
On February 11th, Kimera Industries excited the SFF community - and saw considerable press coverage - following the announcement of the final design and details of Cerberus, a boutique enclosure meant to provide a truly SFF microATX experience. At just 18.2L, Cerberus is smaller than nearly all mATX (and many m-ITX) cases in industry today, yet supports flagship graphics and the highest-end PC components, making it a potent enclosure for hardware enthusiasts that want a compact and portable computer without compromises on performance.
“With Cerberus, a diverse range of builds, from flexible SFF workstations, to one-handable dual-GPU rigs, are finally possible for enthusiasts to create.” said Joshua Ramirez, co-founder and design lead for KI. “In tandem with a domestic manufacturing pipeline, innovative features such as Infinite Vents, and the use of only the highest-quality materials, we believe that Cerberus is the perfect solution for enthusiasts who simply want the best: the best space efficiency, the best design, and the best component support and build quality.”
From now until March 31st, backers can pledge $249 to receive Cerberus in their choice of Pearl White or Obsidian Black, as well as their choice of SFX or ATX PSU support. Additional tiers offer the ability for backers to upgrade their enclosures, and install a case handle or side window. Furthermore, multiple stretch goals also provide all backers with additional color options in Carmine Red and Azurite Blue, as they are reached.
For community members and enthusiasts who aren’t interested in an enclosure, but want to support the work of Kimera Industries, backers are also able to pledge to receive a variety of items emblazoned with a beautiful watercolor illustration made by local artist Carissa Reynolds, in celebration of Cerberus. For as little as $5, backers can receive a high quality, US-made item, that depicts a stunning rendering of a Cerberus, and helps to support production of the enclose - all while providing healthy commissions to the artist.
“As an enclosure designed by and for the enthusiast community, our hope is that the philosophy embodied by Cerberus can inspire others in industry to consider where computing is headed, and truly rethink how cases are designed and made” said James Schell.
“From thermal performance and component compatibility, to the very appearance of our builds, enclosures shape how we see our computers, and how they fit into our lives. We designed Cerberus to champion a philosophy of focus and thoughtfulness, and to show the industry what’s possible with enough passion and purpose.” added Joshua Ramirez. “We’re incredibly proud and excited to begin using Cerberus ourselves, and we look forward to sharing Cerberus with the very enthusiast community that helped us create it.”
For more information, visit kimeraindustries.com, or visit the Kickstarter crowdfunding page by navigating to kimeraindustries.com/kickstarter
- Size: At just 18.2L, Cerberus is smaller than some of the most popular m-ITX cases on the market, from Fractal Design’s Node 304, to BitFenix’s Prodigy. When compared to most mATX cases, Cerberus typically bests the competition by 10L or more - a whopping 40%+ volume reduction
- Quality: Made entirely of powder coated steel, and assembled in the United States, Cerberus is built to last for the long haul, with thoughtful features such as user-replaceable parts, durable metal hardware, and all-steel panel clips and pins.
- Design: Cerberus embraces a minimalist, refined aesthetic, with a luxurious matte finish and industrial design that embraces clean edges and understated features over bright lights and garish plastic accents.
- Customizability: With multiple colors on offer, additional colors available as stretch goals, and the option to add an optional metal handle and/or side window, Cerberus is engineered to be customized to enthusiasts’ exact preferences.
- Flexibility: From the choice of SFX or ATX PSU support, to the hinged side bracket, to the innovative Infinite Vent system, Cerberus retains some of the most diverse hardware support in industry, and can comfortably contain systems as simple as HTPCs and as sophisticated as water-cooled, multi-GPU gaming powerhouses.
- Craftsmanship: Through a unique partnership with Sliger Designs, every Cerberus is built by trained and talented engineers on Sliger’s production floor, located in Sparks, Nevada, USA. By manufacturing enclosures domestically, instead of through nondescript factories in China or Taiwan, Kimera Industries is able to maintain strict quality controls, communicate constantly with engineers on the floor, and greatly expedite production and shipment of units to backers - all while supporting local workers, businesses, and communities.
Full-resolution images of Cerberus can be viewed at kimeraindustries.com/media.
About Kimera Industries: Founded in 2014 by two PC hardware enthusiasts, Kimera Industries is a startup design firm that was created in order to bring minimalist, functional, crafted computer enclosures to the PC industry. With an eye towards modern aesthetics, superior quality, and US-based manufacturing, KI seeks to change how PC cases and accessories are designed and made, to the benefit of customers and the industry alike.
# # #